Search This Blog

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Maybelline Color Sensational The Buffs Lip Color Review & Swatches

 Left to Right (with Flash): Blushing Beige, Nude Lust, Truffle Tease, Sin-A-Mon, Stormy Sahara
 Without Flash: Same order as above
 Stormy Sahara - 945
 Sin-A-Mon - 935
 Truffle Tease - 930
**Favorite 
 Nude Lust - 920
Blushing Beige - 915 
**Favorite 

I have always loved Maybelline's Color Sensational line of lipsticks, and last year when they came out with the "Vivids" collection, I was so excited! So considering how much I gravitate towards wearing nude lipsticks, do I even need to tell you how this collection makes me feel? By the way, I apologize for the chapped lips in the swatches. It is just that awful time of year when no matter how well I moisturize or exfoliate, I can't seem to keep them soft enough.

I am thrilled to see more and more variations of nude lipsticks at the drugstore. Their is such a spectrum of skin tones that one nude for everyone does not always work. These lipsticks are some of my favorite nudes I have tried from both drugstore and high end because of how comfortable they feel on the lips. 

Price: $5.49 - $7.99

Where to Find Them: Ulta, any major drugstore, & online at any of the major stores websites (i.e. Walmart.com, Target.com).

Pros: 
  • Creamy, smooth application
  • Feel hydrating
  • Good color payoff
  • Great nude color variety for any skin tone
  • Affordable
Cons:
  • Lighter shades can accentuate fine lines, dryness of lips
  • Not super long staying power - about what you would expect for a creamy formula. (Maybelline is not making the claim that they are long wearing). 
Final Grade: A+ 
Love these lipsticks! Definitely worth checking out if you like nude lipsticks!

2 comments:

  1. Great post. I bought the sin-a-mon one. I like how moisturizing it feels! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the swatches. Very helpful :)

    ReplyDelete