Search This Blog

Monday, January 6, 2014

NYX Butter Lipsticks Review & Swatches

From Right to Left: Hubba Hubba, Fun Size, Fireball


Hubba Hubba, Fun Size, Fireball

I was very excited to see this new launch from NYX for 2014. I have a great love for the NYX Butter Glosses and was really hoping that these lipsticks, marketed under the same line, would hold their own. Unfortunately, the more I use these lipsticks, the less I find myself liking them. Don't get me wrong, the color range is beautiful. It is the sheerness and wear of them that I am not loving. Even for a creamy lipstick that does not claim to be long wearing, I find them to have one of the shortest lifespans on my lips. With all the other great lipsticks coming out in drugstore for Spring 2014, these just fall to the back of my makeup drawer. 

Price: $5.99 - 22 shades

Pros:
  • Somewhat hydrating
  • Sit nicely on lips - don't settle into fine lines
  • Beautiful color range
  • Non-sticky
  • Price
Cons:
  • Poor staying power - even for a cream lipstick
  • Pigmentation is a little sheer, especially on the light shades. Have to apply a couple coats for color to show true to packaging. 
  • Not as moisturizing as the Butter Glosses. 
Final Grade: C+

No comments:

Post a Comment